Like many companies, Saint-Gobain Corporation, N.A. saw the writing on the wall many years ago and became concerned about employee health care costs. In 2003, Saint-Gobain asked context to be its employee communication strategist, and together we launched a multiyear health care strategy to engage employees and their families in the solution. Today, context continues to partner with Saint-Gobain to do more than contain health care costs—we're helping them steadily build a culture of health.
Our workSaint-Gobain continuously refines their health and wellness program and communication strategy to make a healthy lifestyle easy, inviting and purposeful. A sample of our work to date:
- Overall communication strategy development, implementation and measurement. Saint-Gobain uses their in-house design department.
- Design, development and implementation of an interactive game to increase understanding of and enrollment in Saint-Gobain's high-deductible health plan.
- Development and implementation of a social media strategy that uses Twitter, blogs, podcasts and forums to facilitate peer-to-peer conversations, knowledge sharing and user support to key audiences while delivering low-budget, accurate and timely feedback to Saint-Gobain. Key audiences include: leaders, HR, volunteer wellness champions, plant managers, employees and their families.
- Planning and writing BeneBits, Saint-Gobain's home-mailed Corporate Benefits newsletter, plus other targeted monthly, annual and campaign-specific communications.
- Building a companywide volunteer wellness champion recruiting and training program.
- Designing awards programs to recognize the efforts of individuals and locations that promote healthy workstyles.
- Conducting surveys and facilitating focus groups to gauge understanding, user experience and communication effectiveness.
- 95% participation in their wellness programs
- 75% participation in their HDHP
- 6% lower year-over-year medical spend than their insurer's book of business
- According to the most recent employee benefits survey:
- 86% of respondents know they play a key part in controlling health care costs
- 78% of respondents say they have a good understanding of their benefits
- 69% of respondents are confident in their ability to make health care decisions, including evaluating and selecting health plans, providers and coverage levels
- National Business Group on Health's Best Employers for Healthy Lifestyles Gold Level Award (2008, 2009, 2010, 2011)
- Human Resource Executive's Best HR Idea for 2012 (Interactive high-deductible health plan game)
- Philadelphia Business Journal's Social Media Stars Award (2011)
- Philadelphia Business Journal's Healthy Workplace Award (2010)
- 2010 CDHC Solutions Superstars—Most Innovative Employee Education/Communication Tool
- Featured on “Here's to Your Health,” a national TV show on health and medicine (2010)
- American Heart Association's Start! Fit-Friendly Companies Gold Level Award (2006)